Hey everyone! I’ve decided to start a new “Random Post” series called Recent Happenings because so many things have been going on, and I have all these post ideas, yet not enough time to do them! So, instead of a ton of short posts, you get one long one! Let’s get started!
I’m so excited that it is finally spring!! It feels like any sign of green grass/ flowers is exciting, after a long winter! 😉 I actually took these photos on Easter morning!
This is my first spring with a “real” camera and it is so exciting! My photography is so much better and much more beautiful!
I hope you enjoyed looking at those!
Pretty much every year we dye hard-boiled eggs! This year for some reason it was a little hectic, so I didn’t get any photos of the process, but I did get um, 2 of the finished result! XD
Aren’t the colors beautiful?
I love pastel colors, they remind me of warm spring days!
Sorry for only 2 photos, but better then none right?
-Books I’ve Read this year-
If you haven’t heard (or are new around here) I’m trying to read 100 books this year! (anybody else aiming for that goal?) Here are the books I’ve read so far:
Note: If you have a 100 books in 1 year goal as well, make sure to keep your list on a computer, I recommend using OneNote or Evernote or Google Docs or something of that sort.
1. Derwood Inc. by Jeri Massi.
2. A single Bead by Stephanie Engelmann.
3. Beyond the bright sea by Lauren Wolk.
4. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall.
5. A year without Autumn by Liz Kessler.
6. The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall.
7. It’s my pleasure by Dee Ann Turner.
8. The Missing pieces of me by Jean Van Leuven.
9. Ivy takes care by Rosemary Wells.
10. Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan.
11. Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry.
12. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggins.
13. A horse for Kate by Marilee Ferrell.
14. Silver Spurs by Marilee Ferrell.
15. Friendly Gables by Hilda Van Stockum.
16. Mandie and the Secret Tunnel by Lois Gladys Leppard.
17. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
18. Mystery Rider by Marilee Ferrell.
19. Blue Ribbon Trail Ride by Marilee Ferrell.
I would highly recommend all these books and most (if not all) are available at the library!
I promised that I would show you some of my art and such that I have been making over the past month or so, and here you go!
**PLEASE DON’T LOOK THROUGH MY OLD POSTS RIGHT NOW**
Yes, um, something very unfortunate has um yeah happened.
So, ever since I ran out of storage on this blog I’ve been copy and pasting them from another random blog that I have.
If you know me I don’t like clutter and that blog’s (the one I was copy and pasting from) storage has been full for a while so I decided to delete it. As soon as I did around 5 posts didn’t have pictures anymore they just have that little black dot thing.
As you might have figured out, this is very frustrating for me. I am very thankful though that all those pictures haven’t been deleted from my camera, I just have a lot of work to do.
I am going to try to re-do all of the posts in 2 weeks, but it is going to be a lot of work. I may end up just deleting a few of the posts if I can’t get them all finished or can’t find the pictures.
Moral of the story: If you copy and paste your pictures from another source. Don’t delete it.
Anyway, for another, more exciting topic!
Over the past few months I’ve noticed some really great blogs/bloggers that could use more attention! I personally struggled with this for a while before I started learning about promoting/advertising my blog!
Gaby @quaint & darling. I always love her crafts and ATC’s!
Cassia @cassia elisabeth. Her lifestyle posts are always so fun and encouraging! 🙂
There you go! 3 blogs to check out!
-The Craft Tag-
I was nominated a while ago by Gracie for The Craft Tag! I’m super excited to do it! Thanks Gracie!
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Create 5+ new questions.
- Tag people
Sounds pretty easy right?
1. Favorite craft you’ve ever made?
Hmm, I have a lot of crafts that I love!
2. Worst craft you’ve ever made?
I actually make terrible crafts on a daily basis. I am a perfectionist by all means, and if I don’t like how something turns out, down the trash can it goes. XD But to answer the question I think right now………(goes to look in trash can)……….. I really don’t know, sorry.
3. What are a few of your favorite crafting materials?
- Premo Polymer Clay
- Fine tip pens.
- Brush markers.
- Colored Pencils.
4. Which do you prefer: crafting or sewing?
Tough question. XD I have to say that since crafting is such a big category, I probably like that better. Although I do like to sew!
5. You are told to craft a bed for your doll/stuffie only using 3 materials besides scissors. What materials to you pick?
I would choose:
- White poster board.
- Colored pencils.
That was really fun, thanks again Gracie! 🙂
I know some of you only do tags every so often, don’t worry, if you don’t get around to doing this it’s totally fine! 🙂
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite craft material?
- If you could only use 3 craft materials for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- How often do you craft?
- What is something you have made and are proud of?
- Why do you enjoy crafting?
- Which do you prefer: crafting or sewing?
I can’t wait to read your answers guys!
GUYS!! I can’t believe it, I have 300 followers! That’s just amazing! I was just celebrating 200 followers in January! 🙂
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I honestly can’t believe that this blog has only been here for almost a year and a half!
To celebrate, I will be hosting the photography challenge more details on that in a later post!
You guys are super amazing, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for liking, commenting, and following my blog! THANK YOU!!
I thought that it might be fun to share a few of my favorite songs! Also, I’m super excited because on the 17th I’m going to see Hillsong on tour! I obviously can’t say exactly where. XD I’m hoping to take at least a few pictures, and I will definitely post them if any are blog worthy. XD
I’m totally loving this TobyMac song! Listen to it, its awesome!
This is another fun song by Mercy Me!
And a slightly less up-beat but still super pretty song:
Definitely listen to this song by Mandisa ft. TobyMac and Kirk Franklin
I hope you enjoyed all those songs!
And that wraps up Recent Happenings #1! I hope you enjoyed my longest post to date at 1509 words — and counting! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
What was your favorite part of this post?
Do you enjoy posts like this?